When the righteous pray—God responds. He replies to the cries of His children. Therefore, after you finish praying, expect Him to answer; however, He might not come how or when you want Him to, but it will be done right and on time. And if He decides to take you the long route, ask Him to open your spiritual understanding so His subtle moves, along the way, will not go unnoticed.
Think about all the responses you might have overlooked; try not to miss anymore.
The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
(Psalm 34:15 KJV)
Many times, the Lord is working secretly on our petitions. So, instead of focusing on what we can see, the apostle Paul says to open our eyes by faith to the unseen realities (see 2 Corinthians 4:16-18). A godly perspective allows us to handle life’s perplexities on a level where the supernatural is standard procedure.
Just because stars aren’t visible in daylight doesn’t mean they aren’t there.
When Elisha had to face the Aramean army, his servant was fearful when he saw the king’s warriors had surrounded the city with horses and chariots. When he alerted Elisha of their dire circumstances, Elisha prayed for God to open his servant’s eyes. God answered Elisha’s prayer, and the servant saw that the Lord had covered the mountain with horses and chariots of fire. (See 2 Kings 6:8-17.)
Take hold of what God promised His children:
- Call unto me, and I will answer, thee and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. (Jeremiah 33:3 KJV)
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: (Psalm 91:15a KJV)
- I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1 KJV)
- And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. (Isaiah 65:24 KJV)
- In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. (Psalm 18:6 KJV)
God responds to His children’s prayers.
See you next time on Paulette Talks Faith.