image by Talaj via CanStockPhoto
Christians who are bored-stiff during this coronavirus pandemic, apparently haven’t opened their mail and read their “To Do” list from heaven. I’m using “mail” as a metaphor to mean: Seek what the Holy Spirit wants you to do. God’s ambassadors can’t relax their stance during wartime; and this is spiritual warfare. I know everybody isn’t going to understand what I’m talking about; might even think I’m crazy—I understand that. But there are some warriors who know exactly what I mean. Yes, we see suffering taking place; yet, while all the drama is unfolding, we mustn’t ignore the spiritual side of this.
Called for active duty!
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turned from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and forgive their sin, and will heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:13-14).
The world is scratching their heads trying to figure out these unprecedented bizarre circumstances. Christians, on the other hand, have a direct link to the One Who knows what’s going on; these atrocious events are not out of His realm of control. This is why it’s essential for believers to continue to develop their relationship with the Holy Spirit; this is the perfect time to get closer to Him. He will use His children to show the world His Son. God has given so much; now is a time to give back to Him. The world is primed to hear from the Lord.
Open your mail—there’s work to do!
Let me give you a peek into my mail; not as a standard, but only as an example. Everybody’s mail is probably different.
My to do list from God:
- Every day spend quality one-on-one time with the Holy Spirit; maintain a sense of prayer throughout the day.
- Pray for My will to be done during this coronavirus pandemic.
- Develop your spiritual ear by purposefully paying attention to what I’m imparting into your spirit.
- By faith, be obedient to Me. For instance, call whomever I tell you to call and check on; pray for those on the frontline; pray for people who have lost their friends and loved ones.
- Ask Me to search your heart, and make you aware of your sinful ways. Ask Me to help you to overcome those areas.
- Listen to My instructions on how you can help Me during this crisis.
- Connect My Word with what’s going on in the world today; for example, read how people behaved in Noah’s day before the flood; read what was happening in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. Read how I used people like Jeremiah and Gideon to do mighty feats; now ask yourself: What is the Holy Spirit calling me to do?
- Check with your Christian friends to see if they heard anything from Me that they can share; as well as letting them know things you’ve heard from Me that you can share.
- Check your mail regularly; list is subject to change.
I know God is preparing His people during this time; don’t know for what, but I do know He’s getting them ready. It would be regretful not to utilize and learn all that the Holy Spirit wants to teach during this pandemic. Everything He teaches is vital! What is God saying to you?
Please, don’t walk around the house undressed (see Ephesians 6:10-18).
Open your mail—the Lord has work for you to do.