Ecclesiastes 3:1 tells us that there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven. But, in today’s chaotic, upside-down world, all the seasons seem to be colliding together, and if we’re not watchful and mindful, we’ll be unprepared for what life throws our way. However, if we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, we’ll be anything ready—ready for anything.
I will instruct you and show you the way to go; with My eye on you, I will give counsel.
(Psalm 32:8 CSB)
There’s too much turmoil in the world for us to take our relationship with God for granted. We must stay spiritually postured in Christ. He should be the first Person we call upon concerning matters; we should have scriptures ready to combat the enemy’s lies; praying should be as easy as the breath we breathe. When our lives are God-centered, we place Him as our top priority; we can handle come what may—through Christ.
In the natural, warriors on the battlefront keep their ammunition close by and set for action. The degree of intimacy we have with the Lord weighs the amount of power working in us. Like suckling newborns receiving vital nutrition, so should we aggressively pursue spiritual sustenance from the Holy Spirit. Halfheartedly, seeking Him will not fully prepare us when trouble comes knocking.
Be ever-ready for anything.
- Ephesians 6:11-18 enables us to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- Psalm 91:11 says God will give His angels charge over us to keep us in all thy ways.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 encourages us to be strong and not fear, for God will not forsake us.
- Isaiah 54:17 tells us that no weapon formed against us shall prosper.
- Psalm 50:15 says to call upon Him in the day of trouble.
- Romans 8:31 says if God is for us, who can be against us?
All this sounds like God has equipped His children to punch the enemy out!
See you next time on Paulette Talks Faith.