We have auto, home, and health insurance, but do we have step insurance? As unpredictable as life is, do we really want to proceed without communicating with the Holy Spirit throughout the day about the moves He wants us to make—or not? When Jesus walked the earth, He did nothing without receiving directions from His Father; they were in lockstep—shouldn’t we do likewise? When our steps are insured by the Holy One, they are backed up by the Word (see Romans 8:28).
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:6).
Jesus didn’t navigate on His own; He stayed in continuous communication with His Father; consequently, His steps were protected.
- Jesus slipped away often to pray alone. (Luke 5:16)
- Before Jesus selected His disciples, He went into the mountains and spent all night in prayer with His Father. (Luke 6:12)
- After Jesus fed the 5000, He withdrew to a solitary place to be alone to pray. (Mark 1:35)
- Jesus sent the multitude away and departed into the hills to pray. (Mark 6:45-46)
- In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus agonized in prayer. (Mark 14:32-42)
Because Jesus spent so much intimate time with His Father, He knew God’s will. For example, before He raised Lazarus, He lifted His eyes and thanked His Father for always hearing Him; Jesus knew His steps had the “green light” to call Lazarus forth. (See John 11:41-42.)
We can walk by faith when God authorizes our steps—knowing nothing can prevail against what He orders. Even if our foundation collapses, we win because God is with us.
Are your steps insured?
See you next time on Paulette Talks Faith.